Subject: Re: Help! I can't Samba!
From: [email-masked] (J. David Johnson)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 07:51:35 -0500

>Help! I want to render LightWave scenes from my WinNT PC system to my
>Amiga Flyer system!!!  
>
>I have installed AmiTCP and can ping from the Amiga to the PC and the PC 
>to the Amiga with no problems.  I am having "Samba" problems.  I have 
>already read the Samba instructions, and downloaded the "Connecting a 
>WinNT system and an Amiga - A Simple How-To Guide" from MicroTech.  
>

I assume you have edited the smb.config file to reflect your drive names.

>From time to time you may have a problem with SMB quitting.

After you "do your thing" and cannot see the dirs on your NT machine,
go to the amiga and type in STATUS.

It should lists a few tasks including nmb and smb, if not, rerun smb and try
to access via your NT machine again.

You mentined the guide.  I foloowed it verbatim and had no problems.
Double check your steps...
J. David - Video GT